Tuesday, September 21, 2010



Isn't this the most beautiful picture of Fall? I get so excited when the leaves start to turn and began to fall to the ground and I start to feel the crisp cool air first thing in the morning and at night when the sun goes down. Unfortunately, we haven't felt very much of that with 101 degree weather two days in a row. But, I am so ready for Fall. I crave it! This is my favorite time of year. It just makes me feel so good deep down inside.
We got a lot accomplished on the yard this weekend. It was such a mess. It made me really sad because it never looked that way when we lived there and Daddy was alive. You would think renters would have more respect for other people's property. Jason's dad came and bush hogged. Pee Wee came over with his lawn mower and mowed around the house. Colby and I picked up the yard and got everything in piles to be disposed of. The back hoe should be here this week to tear down a storage building that can't be saved. It looked so much better. You can actually see the house from the end of the drive. Jason and I rode the 4-wheeler and sprayed to kill the under brush we will need to clean out next to the tree line. I ended up getting one picture...Jason and Mom on the 4-wheeler.

If there was only one picture I could get, I'm glad it was this one. I was surprised she got on there. She said she realized he wouldn't want to do anything to hurt himself so she figured she was safe.
I am just so thankful for friends and family that are willing to help me. It's going to be a big project for sure but it is so worth all the time, energy, and money it will take to make it beautiful again.
I've been blog hopping to get decorating ideas. I haven't made it past Virginia Tillery's blog


I love this wreath! One thing I really enjoy about scrapbooking, other than making pages and preserving memories are the home decor items you can make for your home. This wreath is courtesy of capturejoy.tublr.com. Isn't it beautiful? I love the colors and the photo idea is so cute! I can't wait to make one for my front door.

When I saw this bench, courtesy of Funky Junk Interior, I knew it would be perfect for my entry way. I have a landing that stands about 4 to 6 inches taller than the rest of the living room floor and runs the length of the wall. Thank goodness I have a BIL that is good at making things with wood. I can't wait to show this to him and see if he can make it for me!

Check out this shower curtain! Isn't it beautiful? I love all the ruffles and how the colors fade one to another giving it such a soft feel! I'm sorry I didn't write down where this photo came from. I always like to give credit where credit is due. I'll see if I can find it and post the info.

I have a thing for turquoise lately. This room is sooooo sweet! I have plans to make some of these Pom Poms for Carley's room. This photo is courtesy of the-jessica-numbers.tumblr.com.
These are just a few ideas of inspiration I've picked up so far. I'll be back to share more. Let me know what you think!



No comments: