Thursday, August 09, 2007

Today is Carley's first day of kindergarten. She was nervous and excited all at the same time. She is such a big girl! It's just me that's not ready for this. She has a great teacher that we know personally, which is a comfort to me. She goes to church with a little girl in her class and made a new friend this morning when I dropped her off. I know she is having a great day and will do just fine. It's just me, I'm worried about. It's been unbelievably quiet without her and I feel lost. But, this is part of it and the first step in letting her go be her own little person without me. Here is her picture from this morning:
You can bet I'll be waiting outside by the mailbox to give her a great big hug when she gets off the school bus. Just two hours til then....

No comments: