Monday, April 13, 2009

I hope everyone had a very Happy Easter. I know I certainly did! Our Easter festivities began when Gavin woke up at 7am to see if the Easter Bunny had came yet. I talked him into waiting until Carley got up. The both found their baskets on the table. We got dressed and headed to the park for our Church Egg Hunt. We began by telling the true meaning of Easter. Then, we had the our egg hunt and had lunch of hot dogs roasted on the grill. We really had a great morning. Even the Easter bunny was there for pictures.





Sunday morning, we all got ready in our Easter duds and went to church. Pastor Mark did an illustrated sermon with members of the kid's church acting out the parts. He gave alter call and there were 6 who came forward and gave their life to the Lord, including Carley. I was so proud. She had already asked God to come into her heart but had never went up the alter and wanted to do that. I tell you, that was enough to make my throat close up and tears come to my eyes.
Here they are in their Easter attire before church:



After church, we went to eat with friends, came home, took a nap, then got up to dye Easter eggs.





My family came over for Easter supper. We decided to make deviled eggs since it started raining and we weren't able to go outside to hunt eggs again. We really had a wonderful weekend. The kids had a great time. Most importantly, they both understand that Jesus died for our sins and He is Risen and Alive and Well! Happy Easter everyone!




7 comments:

Tricia said...

your kids are just so darn cute! Great pictures. Sounds like you had a joyous day for sure!

Estee said...

Such cute Easter pictures!!! It looks like you had a wonderful weekend! :)

Joaniebolognie said...

What adorable pics!!!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

What sweet photos!!! Happy Easter to you!

Traicee said...

I love your Easter photos- your kids are adorable!!!

Tammy said...

Carley looks like a little princess in her pretty pink dress!! Gavin looks like he is all boy right down to the mischievous little grin!! Great pictures!!

Tereza Crump said...

hi Elisha, thanks for stopping by my blog. I sent you an email a while back but I never heard back from you. I know life is busy and with children and all this scrapbooking going on is hard to keep in touch. :) Let me know if you have any crops during the month of July and August. My parents will be here and I will have babysitters!!! Yeah!! LOL Tereza