Thursday, April 30, 2009



I just began reading this book, The Love Dare, after a friend of mine was telling me about it. It is from the movie Fireproof, staring Kirk Cameron. I haven't seen the movie yet but the book just drew me in. It consists of 40 love dares for you to do for your spouse for 40 days. The first day was on having patience with your spouse. Boy did this ever step on my toes. I am not a patient person at all. When I want something, I want it yesterday! So, I have spent the last three days not saying anything negative to my spouse, even when I am frustrated or upset. So far, it hasn't been hard since I haven't been upset with him for any reason. But, I'm sure I will have to exercise this dare really soon...lol. Day two was about kindness and show an unexpected gesture to your spouse in kindness. I baked his favorite cookies, Snickerdoodles, and left them on the stove for him when he got home. Day three was to buy something for your spouse to show him you were thinking of him. I didn't get to leave the house today so I made him a card and wrote him a juicy note like I used to inside. I plan on leaving it in his car tonight so he'll find it when he leaves for work in the morning. I am really excited about these. I don't really know if Bryan has noticed something is up yet but I can really tell that a spark has been lit in my heart toward him. I can't wait to see what the next 36 days hold for us! I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Wow! That sounds like such a neat book!!!