Friday, September 10, 2010

Hello Cyber Friends and Family! I am finally back to my blog. It's been way too long. I have been so busy since school has started back. Most of my time has been consumed with my children, homework, the daycare, church, and did I mention I'm moving again! Yes, you read that right...I am moving again. This time for good!!! I am super excited. Don't get me wrong, I love my rental house. It's beautiful and peaceful. You could still "lose the farm," as my mother says, sitting in the front porch swing, looking at the rolling green hills and listening to the cows moo. But, I am going back home to the very first place I had of my own after we moved back to Alabama from Kentucky. It is on my Daddy's land. It still has the cedar siding and front porch he built when he renovated for me to move in. It's been almost 5 years since Daddy moved to Heaven and it makes my heart swell when I think that I will be living on his land again, in a home he did work on with his bare hands. It's like have a tangible piece of him again and there won't be a day I won't walk out my front door and think of him. I can picture him now bush hogging, working in his garden, fixing up his 57 Chevy, or fixing dinner under his tent. I am just so humbled cause I feel I will finally be where I am suppose to be. It's like life has taken full circle and even though, I never pictured myself back in that house again, I will be. I know it is God's plan. He told me so even though I argued with him and told him flat out NO! Thank goodness, He doesn't listen to me! I feel such peace and happiness and anticipation. I can't wait. I get to start renovating and moving in October 1st. I've already had so much fun picking out colors and flooring for the house with this boy I really like! :) Carley will finally get her crystal chandelier in her bedroom. Gavin has already decided he wants a Cars room! Thank goodness, Jason and I have pretty much the same taste. I just can't explain how much peace and joy I have. Jason and I were on our way to Tupelo talking about the house and he started singing
Home by Joe Diffie.

The only the thing I see ahead is
Just the heat a rising off the road
The rainbows I've been chasing keep on fading before I find my pot of gold
But more and more I'm thinking, that the only treasures that I'll ever know
Are long ago and far behind and wrapped up in my memories of home

Home was a swimming hole and a fishing pole and the feel of a muddy row between my toes
Home was a back porch swing where I would sit and mom would sing amazing grace
While she hung out the clothes,
Home was an easy chair with my daddy there and the smell of Sunday supper on the stove
My footsteps carry me away but in my mind I'm always going home

Now the miles I put behind me ain't as hard as the miles that lay ahead
And its much to late to listen to the words of wisdom that my daddy said
The straight and narrow path he showed me turned into a thousand winding roads,

My footsteps carry me away, but in my mind I'm always going home.

Home was a swimming hole and a fishing pole and the feel of a muddy row between my toes
Home was a back porch swing where I would sit and mom would sing amazing grace
While she hung out the clothes,
Home was an easy chair with my daddy there and the smell of Sunday supper on the stove
My footsteps carry me away but in my mind I'm always going home

Yeah, the straight and narrow path he showed me turned into a thousand winding roads,
My footsteps carry me away, but in my mind I'm always going home.

I have felt in my heart for a long time a longing to get back to the basics, to provide what home really is to Carley and Gavin. One thing I feel blessed to experience by living in the South is what I picture as home. It's not a big house with all the grandest of material possessions. It's about being together in a home that is our safety and sanctuary where you enjoy the simple pleasures of life. Where it's natural and easy to sing old hymns and praises to God while doing the chores. Where your children sit and watch your example and can't help but see how much you are in love with God by your daily actions. It's about the impact you have on your children when you are inside those 4 walls that they will carry with them when they venture out into a life of there own. It's about family and being there for each other. You may not have a lot of money, you may not even have enough money to pay your bills. Lord knows I've been there many times. You may not have the latest gadgets or the best car. For me, I feel it's time to simplify and concentrate on what's really important....Home. Thank you Lord, I am going home! And thank you for placing someone in my life who appreciates the same things I do.
I'll keep you updated on the process with lots of before and after pictures! Thanks for taking this journey with me and keep me in your prayers! I'll remember you in mine, too!
XOXOXOXOXOXO

2 comments:

Nevis said...

Where in Alabama? I'm in the Auburn/Opelika area!

Elisha Pharr said...

I am in Hamilton, which is Northwest Alabama around Florence/Muscle Shoals. My niece may be going to Auburn next Fall.